Thursday 6 October 2011

Stomach pains part 2

CAT scan day. Having had several MRI scan a few years back I kind of had an idea of what to expect. Was given to glasses of liquid which is called contrast. Tasted like liquorice can't stand liquorice, I wanted to throw up.
 A nurse came to my room with a wheel chair and wheeled me down to the CAT scan room. Started thinking of that joke where a man takes his dog to the vet. And the vet lets a cat walk past the dog, and says the charge for the cat scan is 200 pounds.
Via the cannula in my arm I was plumbed into some form of another contrasting agent.
About 30 minutes or so all done and wheeled back to my room starving, wasn't allowed breakfast. A nurse came in and plumbed me into a saline drip. And asked if I wanted some juice. I said yes, and she came back with a plate of biscuits, yoghurt and juice. It tasted lovely.
 Yippeee its 13:30 and that means Lunch time. Countdown to dinner at 20:00.
Sometime in the afternoon the head surgeon came to my room and said that I had an enlarged spleen it was about 2.5 times larger than normal. He wanted to remove it, but wanted to wait and get a Haematology expert to look at the results. They tried to get me into another clinic that has a Haematology Dept.   for Friday but the earliest would be Monday morning at 08:30. Oh great I can go home I thought. The surgeon said I would stay in the clinic until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment