Tuesday 18 October 2011

Tuesday

Arrived at the hospital in Alicante, with my mum and waited about half an hour to have 4 vials of blood extracted. At least it didn't hurt that much.  Now I have just over 6 hours before seeing the doctor.
Had some breakfast in the cafe in the hospital. Then went off to the nearest shopping center, a good way to kill a couple of hours.
Lunch time, went to a Fosters Hollywood well that killed just over an hour. Only 4 more to go.
For afternoon tea found a nice Cafe that served all sorts of teas. I had Gunpowder Tea.
Yippee its nearly six . Time to make our way to the Hospital for the appointment at 18:30.
Saw the doctor and was happy with the blood test results, he upped my dosage of Hydrea to 3 times a day.
He also wrote out a prescription for imatinib. Its quite expensive he said. I had to have this by next Tuesday when he wanted to see me again. He said I could have the blood test taken nearer home if I wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment